Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA)
is the national trade organization representing Yarn, Fabric Manufacturers and Textile Product Processors mills of the country under private sector. BTMA has been registered in 1983 with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies as an Association, not for profit, under the Companies Act 1994.
1461 Member Mills
Yarn Manufacturing Mills: 425
Fabric Manufacturing Mills: 796
Dyeing-Printing-Finishing Mills: 240
Over 6.00 billion US$
Investment in the Primary Textile Sector
Contribution in GDP
Textile sector contributes more than 13% in GDP.
Over 86% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
CONTRIBUTION OF TEXTILES:
- Investment in the Primary Textile Sector: over 4.5 billion US$.
- Value addition in knit & woven RMG are over 70% & 35% respectively.
- Textile sector contributes more than 12% in GDP.
- Over 81% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
- Around 90% yarn demand for knit RMG & 35-40% yarn demand for woven RMG are met by Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Local fabric demand & the yarn demand for handloom are also met by Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Backward & Forward linkage industries provide employment for more than 5 million people where 80% are female.
- PTS industries producing around 1200 MW power through Captive Generator.
- Generate huge cliental base for Banking, Insurance, Shipping, Transport, Hotel, Cosmetics, and Toiletries & related economic activities.
Yarn Manufacturing Mills
Fabric Manufacturing Mills
Total Member Mills
To stay update with BTMA, keep you eye on BTMA blog.
BTMA provided three kind of certificates to its member Mills : Issue Certificates of Production & Processing to avail GSP facilities Certificates for alternative Cash Assistance Certificates for availing exemption [...]
You are always welcome to contact with us
Level-8, UTC Bhababn
8, Panthapath, Kawran Bazar
+88 02 9101508
+88 02 9130969
+88 02 8122563