Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA)
is the national trade organization representing Yarn, Fabric Manufacturers and Textile Product Processors mills of the country under private sector. BTMA has been registered in 1983 with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies as an Association, not for profit, under the Companies Act 1994.
1521 Member Mills
Yarn Manufacturing Mills: 433
Fabric Manufacturing Mills: 827
Dyeing-Printing-Finishing Mills: 251
Over 6.00 billion US$
Investment in the Primary Textile Sector
Contribution in GDP
Textile sector contributes more than 13% in GDP.
Over 86% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
CONTRIBUTION OF TEXTILES:
- Investment in the Primary Textile Sector: over 4.5 billion US$.
- Value addition in knit & woven RMG are over 70% & 35% respectively.
- Textile sector contributes more than 12% in GDP.
- Over 81% of the export earning comes from Textiles & Textile related products.
- Around 90% yarn demand for knit RMG & 35-40% yarn demand for woven RMG are met by Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Local fabric demand & the yarn demand for handloom are also met by Primary Textile Sector (PTS).
- Backward & Forward linkage industries provide employment for more than 5 million people where 80% are female.
- PTS industries producing around 1200 MW power through Captive Generator.
- Generate huge cliental base for Banking, Insurance, Shipping, Transport, Hotel, Cosmetics, and Toiletries & related economic activities.
Yarn Manufacturing Mills
Fabric Manufacturing Mills
Total Member Mills
To stay update with BTMA, keep you eye on BTMA blog.
Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BKMEA), and Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA) on May 02 in a joint letter to the Customs [...]
Mohammad Ali Khokon is the Chairman of Maksons Group. Its subsidiaries – Maksons Spinning Mills Ltd and Metro Spinning Ltd. – are BTMA Members.
BTMA President attended – Virtual 41st Meeting of Consultative Committee of National Board of Revenue (NBR)
Agenda: Proposals for National Budget 2021-2022 Jointly organised by- NBR & FBCCI Mr. AHM Mustafa Kamal, FCA,MP, Honourable Finance Minister was the Chief Guest of the Meeting and Mr. Abu [...]
The 37th Annual General Meeting of Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA) was held on 10th April, 2021, Saturday at BTMA Office.
The Chairman of BTMA Election Board Mr. Abul Bashar officially announced the name of the newly elected Members of the Board of Directors, President , three Vice-Presidents of BTMA. In [...]
You are always welcome to contact with us
Level-8, UTC Bhababn
8, Panthapath, Kawran Bazar
+88 02 9101508
+88 02 58156619
+88 02 48116358